Winter Institute Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors
The William Winter Institute for Racial Reconciliation Board of Directors:
- Judge Reuben Anderson: retired Mississippi State Supreme Court justice and partner, Phelps Dunbar Law Firm, Jackson, MS.
- Ms. Roberta Avila: executive director of the Steps Coalition on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
- Ms. Tap Bui: Deputy Director of MQVN Community Development Corporation in New Orleans East, LA.
- Mr. William Bynum: President and CEO, Hope Enterprise Corporation, Jackson, MS.
- Dr. Karen Fulbright-Anderson: Independent Consultant and the former co-director of the Roundtable on Community Change of the Aspen Institute.
- Dr. Anita George: a retired Mississippi State University professor, past chair of Episcopal Church’s Executive Council’s Anti-Racism Committee, and current lay member of the Executive Council.
- Mr. Wilson Golden: retired corporate executive and attorney, native Mississippian now living in the Atlanta area, with lifelong dedication to progressive civic and political engagement.
- Mr. John C. Henegan, Sr.: an attorney with Butler Snow Law Firm and past President of the Capital Area Bar Association, Jackson, MS.
- Ms. Annette Hollowell Simons-Jones: attorney and a Pathways to Prosperity Manager/ Strong Cities Strong Communities Fellow at City of New Orleans Office of Workforce Development in New Orleans, LA.
- Mr. Sanford Johnson: deputy director of Mississippi First, a public policy nonprofit in Jackson, MS.
- Dr. Dan Jones, chair: former chancellor of the University of Mississippi and currently the Mr. and Mrs. Joe F. Sanderson, Jr. Endowed Chair in Obesity, Metabolic Diseases and Nutrition at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
- Ms. Rachel McPherson: president of the Good Dog Foundation and co-founder of the annual Mississippi in Central Park Picnic.
- Mr. Dick Molpus: former Mississippi Secretary of State and founder and president of Molpus Woodlands Group in Jackson, MS.
- Mr. Estrus Tucker: a consultant in intergroup dialogue, President & CEO of Liberation Community and chair of the board of the Center for Courage and Renewal.
- Mr. Lee Tyner, ex officio: general counsel for the University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS.
- Ms. Eleanor Winter: Senior Vice President of Special Projects for the National Cable & Telecommunications Association in Washington, D.C
- Governor William F. Winter, Chairman Emeritus: former governor of Mississippi, appointed to President Clinton’s advisory board on race, and namesake of the Winter Institute.